Dave's Progress. Chapter 101: "That's all for now from..."

You may notice that this posting is in very quick succession to the last one I made. There is no reason for this, other than that I felt I wanted to tell you that from now on, there may be a slight change to the appearance of my blogs.
No, I will not be changing the template or adding more "gadgets" (not yet, anyway), but I will no longer be signing off my posts in my usual manner. Yes folks, I have decided to get rid of my usual little farewell, "that's all for now from your normal, average, delusional and paranoid man". I hope this little phrase has provided some entertainment for you and a few laughs, intended, as it was, to be a somewhat ironic comment on the nature of mental ill health. Indeed, it may have become something of a catch-phrase, but like all catch phrases, I feel its presence has begun to wear a little thin. So, as I just entirely forgot to include it in my previous posting, I thought I would continue the trend and begin to omit it altogether.
Anyway, the catch-phrase seems to be a little outdated. Some, like Bruce Forsythe, still continue to use catch phrases, his being, of course, "nice to see you, to see you- nice". But as far as I know the catch phrase probably started way back in the days of the music halls, where comedians were often identified through their use of a certain phrase. They said things as meaningless and apparently arbitrary as could be, such as one phrase I heard once- "can you hear me now, mother?", at which point the audience would seem almost involuntarily to erupt in applause. And, who can forget Paul Whitehouse's post-modern invention, Arthur Atkinson, who was a sort of amalgam of many of the old music hall stars (Arthur Askey immediately comes to mind) and whose catch-phrase was "where's me washboard, then?".
So, the catch-phrase seems, mostly, to be no more, and it is time for me to draw the veil over my own. So, for one last time, that's all from "that's all for now from your normal, average, delusional and paranoid man".    

Comments

Dixie@dcrelief said…
Dear David,
I'm just so glad you didn't say you were closing your blog site!!
Oh, and happy gadget shopping.
Good wishes to you,
Dixie
bazza said…
It's progress David but not as we know it! Congratulations it could be quite a significant step forward. Hooray!
Bazza’s Blog ‘To Discover Ice’
klahanie said…
Dear David,
I'm pleased you have decided to stop using your rather ironic catchphrase.
So 'that's all folks' for that.
Indeed, time to move on and I think that's very good.
Kind regards Gary, "A Man Challenging His 'Inner Critic' "..:-)
David said…
Dear Dixie,
I thought some may misinterpret this post as meaning that I was going to stop blogging altogether.
Fortunately for everyone (ha ha) I'm not.
So thank you again for commenting and Very Good Wishes to you too,
David.
David said…
Dear bazza,
Yes, indeed, I hope this is progress. Perhaps by shedding a monicker entirely to do with mental health I can now branch out and talk about other things.
But, don't I already do that? Oh well, then, a progress of sorts!
Thanks bazza,
David.
David said…
Thank you "man challenging his inner critic".
I do indeed feel as though I have "moved on". Where to I'm not quite sure yet!
With Very Best Wishes to you Gary,
David.

Popular posts from this blog

By the Age of 40, Everyone has the Face they Deserve.

Dave's Progress. Chapter 18: Me and My Anhedonia.

The Asylum vs. Care in the Community.